Sunday, February 1, 2009

Scenes from a winter weekend

Scene 1: In the Honda, on the way to Jussara's new apartment in Crofton (aka, Nowheresville, MD).

Booker: Grrr Yap Yap Yap Arr Rrar Rrar, etc.
Booker: Seamus, do you know why I am making that noise?
Seamus: Naaaooo....I dayo.
Booker: Because I am a human, and humans are animals, and animals make wild noises.
Seamus: Oh.

Scene 2: In the Honda, several hours later, returning from Crofton, and after a disastrous family stop at the supermarket.

Seamus: Yi yi yi Aiiiiiiii! Auuuugh! Auuuugh!
Booker: Seamus! Stop that! That noise is hurting my ears!
Seamus: Ai yi yi yi yi!
Booker: Why are you making that stupid noise!?!
Seamus: Butuz I'm wiiiiiiild!
Booker: Seamus, a human is NOT an animal.



Scene 3: Dining Room. Seamus, rejecting Daddy's famous spinach/beef/cheese calzone.

Seamus: I don yike it! It has calzoon on it! (Face of repulsion and disgust.) I don yike calzoon.

Scene 4: Bedtime. Seamus, looking for an appropriate stuffed animal.

Seamus: Where's my fluffy! I want my fluffy!
Seamus (curled up, his last words before sleep): How 'bout a snuddle?

No comments:

Post a Comment